Updated: Nov 14, 2019
This salmon mousse is the OG croud pleaser at the Zajac Café (what we call our apartment), its so good and really easy to make, its a great thing to cook if your just starting out, its great on cheese plates and for apatizers. The only annoying thing about this recipe is probably the amount of time it has to chill for, but trust me its worth it!
Serving Size: about 10 people
Refrigerating time: at least 5 hours
Overall time: About 6 hours
1 1/2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup of cold water
1/2 cup of boiling water
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons of minced onions
3 drops of Tabasco
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons of fresh minced dill
2 cups of fresh cooked salmon
1 cup of heavy cream
1. Sprinkle your gelatin over some cold water in a small bowl and stir.
2. Add boiling water and then mix until getatin is fully dissolved, and let it cool.
3. Blend that at low speed, and then add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, minced onions, Tabasco, paprika, salt and dill and blend.
4. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes until it has thickened slightly.
5. Pour into a blender and then add the cooked salmon.
6. Blend on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
7. Refrigerate the mixture.
8. In a chilled metal bowl, with chilled beaters, whip the heavy cream until it forms a peak.
9. Pour the salmon mixture into and large bowl and slowly fold in the whipped heavy cream.
10. Transfer your mixture into greased dish and let cool in refrigerator for about 6 hours.
11. Garnish with some dill or lemon slices.
12. Serve with cut bread and enjoy.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com