Potato And Zucchini Pancakes
This potato and zucchini pancake recipe is my own spin on the traditional Ukrainian potato pancakes. Every Christmas we have a very unusually large platter of these incredible potato and zucchini pancakes, I always end up eating... well who's counting, the point I am trying to make here is that becuase I eat so many I decided it would probably be a good idea to add some vegitables and lighten these traditional latkes, but what kid really likes vegitables... not me but I love love love zucchini and turns out potato and zucchini goes incredibly well together!
2 russet potatoes grated
1 grated zucchini
1/3 cup of grated onion
1/4 cup of flour
Canola or Vegetable oil
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Grab a big bowl and add your grated russet potatoes
2. Squeeze the extra water out by using your hands to remove liquid over a strainer or sink. This will make sure your pancakes stay in shape and dont fall apart when you fry them.
3. Then do the same with your zucchini
4. Combine your potatoes and zuchini to 1 big bowl
5. Add your grated onion and mix
6. Add your flour, egg and mix
7. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper
8. Cook on a medium heated skillet for 1 minute, then flip.
9. Serve with sour cream or apple sauce and enjoy :)
If you have any questions about this recipe, feel free to email me at email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can!