Updated: Jun 7, 2020
I started making this chocolate mousse probably about 3 years ago. There was this one place in Bridge Hampton that had the BEST chocolate mousse ever...EVER. So once I heard that they were going out of business I just knew I had to try and recreate this masterpiece, I tried so many different tactics and different creams and kinds of milk and chocolate, but I think I finally found out the path to create heaven in your mouth. This is a very simple, delicious no-bake recipe and I hope you will give it a shot! (it's also great to do with kids)
Serving: 2 pies
Baking time: NO BAKE :)
Overall time: 30-45 minutes
4 cups of whipping or heavy cream
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup of bittersweet chocolate
1 1/2 cups of white chocolate
1/2 a stick of unsalted butter, melted
One package of Oreos
2 pie tins
2 microwavable bowls
2 metal bowls
Electric Hand Mixer
1. Crumble up about 2 cups of Oreos until almost powder, add your melted butter to the crumbs and mix until moldable.
2. Press your oreo mixture into your pie tin, and put it in the fridge to harden.
3. Melt your semisweet and bittersweet chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds, take your chocolate out, mix, and put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir.
4. Set your chocolate aside to cool.
5. Put 2 cups of whipping cream into a metal bowl and whip on medium speed with electric hand mixer for about 2-3 minutes, to make sure it's ready, turn your mixer off and pull it up quickly, if the cream holds a peak, you are ready for the next step. Pro Tip: As you whip your cream it will expand so grab a bigger bowl than you think you need.
6. Once your melted chocolate is cooled than add a little of the melted chocolate into your whipped cream, and fold it in. Once incorporated add a little more, add until all mixed in.
7. Melt your white chocolate the same way you melted your bittersweet and semisweet. (White chocolate takes a little longer to melt)
8. Whip 2 more cups of cream and then add your COOLED white chocolate .
9. Take your pie tins out of the fridge and fill them with your whipped mixtures however you would like, be creative, do layers, or do half and half, or swirl it.
10. Put your filled pie tins in the fridge until you want to eat them
11. Decorate with shaved chocolate, whipped cream, and Oreos.
If you have any questions or comments feel free to email me at email@example.com